Music Hall mmf-5.3 Record Player
The music hall mmf-5.3 turntable is a 2-speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing the unique dual-plinth construction originated by music hall. The distinctive design isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the motor, switch, wiring, and feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. Viso-elastic cones separate the two platforms and provide vibration damping. The mmf-5.3 comes complete with an Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge.
Do your vinyl right
Back during the heyday of CDs, if you’d told me that I’d be writing about a high-end turntable like Music Hall’s MMF-5.3 in the year 2016, I’d have probably laughed. But vinyl lovers get the last laugh here, thanks to this ‘table’s precise construction and carefully selected materials, which allow it to pull beautifully detailed sound from the grooves in your records. The high-gloss piano lacquer finish is a nice touch, too.
The Music Hall MMF-5.3 features a high-performance Ortofon cartridge and a custom carbon fiber tonearm.
Dual-plinth construction combats noise
The MMF-5.3’s unique two-piece MDF chassis, or plinth, does more than just look beautiful — it also isolates vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The bottom platform supports the height-adjustable feet, motor, power switch, wiring, and electrical parts. The top platform separately houses the turntable’s critical sound-reproducing components — the platter bearing, tonearm, and cartridge. Six elastic cones isolate the two layers, virtually eliminating transmitted vibration for silent backgrounds and superior sound.
A steady-spinning alloy platter
The ‘table’s dynamically balanced alloy platter spins on a precision stainless steel bearing sheathed in a layer of Teflon® for smooth, steady rotation. The supplied screw-on record clamp ensures tight coupling of your records to the platter — which really improves playback of warped discs.
High-performance tonearm and cartridge
The MMF-5.3’s custom carbon fiber tonearm provides superb tracking to faithfully follow the grooves of your albums. Its 9″ effective length gives it a shallower tracking arc across the record than shorter tonearms, helping to reduce distortion. The turntable also comes equipped with Ortofon’s acclaimed 2M Blue phono cartridge. This cartridge’s highly polished, nude-mounted stylus reaches deep into your record’s grooves, revealing fresh detail and dynamics to bring the music to life.
Superb sound, easy setup
One of the great things about vinyl records is that they force you to slow down and savor the act of listening. But Music Hall’s MMF-5.3 won’t slow you down much, because of its hassle-free plug-and-play design. Its factory-mounted tonearm and phono cartridge take the guesswork out of getting started, so you can enjoy optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few minutes to dial in key settings like tracking force, anti-skating, and platter speed are all that’s needed to bring out gorgeous sound from your record collection.
- dual-plinth construction isolates vibration for quieter performance
- separately isolated DC synchronous motor for reduced vibration and greater speed stability
- 9-inch carbon fiber tonearm for superb tracking ability
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Blue moving magnet cartridge with user-replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus
- tonearm offers vertical tracking angle and azimuth adjustments for optimized playback performance and cartridge flexibility
- dynamically balanced alloy platter with soft felt mat and screw-on record clamp
- Teflon™ sheathed stainless steel main bearing for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- vibration-damping adjustable feet and built-in spirit level for easy turntable leveling
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks with detachable phono cables
- fully manual operation
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variation: ±0.18%
- wow and flutter: ±0.10%
- rumble maximum: -70dB
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-25,000 Hz (-3dB)
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 25dB (at 1kHz)
- high-gloss black lacquer finish
- includes dust cover, felt platter mat, screw-on record clamp, and 45 rpm record adapter
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- 18-1/4″W x 5-1/2″H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/4″D
- warranty: 1 year