music hall mmf-5.3wh record player
Analog sound can be “audiophile”
The Music Hall MMF-5.3wh includes a carbon fiber tonearm and high-performance Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge.
Many music lovers are discovering (or rediscovering) the warm analog sound of vinyl records. We’re stoked to offer great turntables like Music Hall’s MMF-5.3wh to help you pull every last musical detail out of those grooves. This ‘table’s advanced design makes it a good choice for your high-performance stereo system. And the high-gloss white lacquer finish adds a cool visual touch to your listening room.
Dual-plinth construction combats noise
The MMF-5.3wh’s two-piece chassis isolates vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The bottom platform supports the adjustable feet, motor, power switch, wiring, and electrical parts. The top platform keeps the critical sound-reproducing components separate. Six elastic cones isolate the two layers to eliminate transmitted vibration. This design gives you superior sound with quieter backgrounds.
A steady-spinning alloy platter
The alloy platter spins on a precision stainless steel bearing sheathed in a layer of Teflon® for smooth, steady rotation. The supplied screw-on record clamp ensures tight coupling of your records to the platter — great for warped discs.
High-performance tonearm and cartridge
The MMF-5.3wh’s carbon fiber tonearm tracks the grooves of your records faithfully. Its 9″ length gives it a shallower tracking arc for reduced distortion. The included Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge reveals fresh-sounding musical detail and dynamics.
- dual-plinth construction isolates vibration for quieter performance
- separately isolated DC synchronous motor for reduced vibration and greater speed stability
- 9-inch carbon fiber tonearm for superb tracking ability
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Blue moving magnet cartridge with user-replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus
- tonearm offers vertical tracking angle and azimuth adjustments for optimized playback performance and cartridge flexibility
- dynamically balanced alloy platter with soft felt mat and screw-on record clamp
- Teflon™ sheathed stainless steel main bearing for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- vibration-damping adjustable feet and built-in spirit level for easy turntable leveling
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks with detachable phono cables
- fully manual operation
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variation: ±0.18%
- wow and flutter: ±0.10%
- rumble maximum: -70dB
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-25,000 Hz (-3dB)
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 25dB (at 1kHz)
- high-gloss white lacquer finish
- includes dust cover, felt platter mat, screw-on record clamp, and 45 rpm record adapter
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- 18-1/4″W x 5-1/2″H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/4″D
- warranty: 1 year
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier